Nowadays, tiles are a widely used flooring option for both indoor and outdoor spaces. They are quite budget-friendly flooring options that you can consider while planning to build or renovate your space. Most popular types of tiles are ceramic and vitrified as they offer an aesthetic feel with high durability and low maintenance. To learn more about economical floor tile, read on. Also, if you want to explore floor tiles in person, you can visit a tile shop or a tile showroom nearby and check out different tile options.
The Benefits of Economical Floor Tiles
- Pocket-friendly: Tiles are quite pocket-friendly when you compare them with other flooring options like natural stone, marble, or hardwood. For example, the cost of a floor tile is as low as ₹34.
- Waterproof: Floor tiles are not impregnated by water, making them a perfect choice for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Design: Floor tiles come in a broad spectrum of designs, colours, materials, and patterns. When you visit a tile shop, you can have a look at the uncountable floor tile options yourself.
- Installation: Not only are the floor tiles budget-friendly, but are also easy to install.
- Repair and Maintenance: Floor tiles are easy to clean and maintain. You maintain them for years with regular cleaning. Moreover, since they are readily available, it will not be an issue to replace the tiles in case of any damage to them.
Flooring Beyond Basics: Creative Applications
Now, let’s check out how you can lay tiles creatively to make the most impactful floor setting.
Floor tiles do not just provide an eye-catching impression, but also are sturdy surfaces for weather, pets, or people who come in through your front door. So, you should consider installing high-quality tiles in your entryway. Additionally, if you go for a patterned tile option for your entryway, it brings refined architectural details to the space and sets up the stage for the rest of the place.
Faux Rugs and Borders
Faux rugs and borders are a fantastic floor tile option that you can consider. You can come across tiles with different types of rugs and borders. If you choose tiles with neutral tones and simple stripes, you can bring energy and light, while complimenting the walls and other interior elements.
Geometric Patterns and Mosaics
Another great option for floor tiles is tiles with geometric patterns and mosaics. Bold geometric patterns and shapes of different colours on the floor make the entire space look powerful and attractive. Likewise, mosaic designs are composed of vibrant hues and go well with white or neutral walls.
Transition Zones and Borders
Floor tiles also work perfectly for borders or transition zones. You can use different types of floor tiles or different floor tile designs to separate one room from another. Also, it offers to create a natural flow from one floor-type tile to another.
If you are looking for floor tiles to add colour and texture to your home, you can think of mixing and matching tiles with different designs and patterns. For example, you can think of combining simple coloured tiles with busy patterned tiles and installing them alternatively to create a unique pattern on the floor. Look for more such interesting mix-and-match options in your nearest tile shop.
Blending Tile Types
Even though tiles can be used along with other types of flooring, it also works fine when you blend different types of tiles. Whether you prefer to use ceramic, wood-like, natural stone-like, or mosaic tiles, you can use them together and enjoy their unique benefits. To know more, search for “tile shop near me” and visit the nearest tile showroom.
Pattern Play with Different Sizes
Another interesting way to lay floor tiles is by combining tiles of different sizes. You can use large and dramatic tiles with small and simple patterns to add depth to your space. Also, you can combine elongated rectangular tiles with small square tiles to create a modern and stylish look. You can find countless floor tile options to play with when you visit a tile showroom.
Practical Tips for Successful Implementation
- Type: You can find different types of tiles – ceramic, porcelain, vitrified, stone-like, or wood-like. You have to choose depending on where you plan to install them and your preferences.
- Size: Choose the tile size to have minimum wastage. Also, you can combine small and large tiles to create unique patterns.
- Finish: You have different finish options like glossy, matte, or semi-matte. You can think of installing different tile finishes available in a nearby tile shop in different areas of your space.
Flooring is one of the significant expenses of renovating any space. However, if you can use a pocket-friendly flooring material like tiles, it makes it easier for you to build your dream house. To explore more floor tiles, you can visit the tile shop – Orientbell Tiles Boutique in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.