Importance of digital marketing for educational institutions is not a question nowadays because everyone is well aware of its benefits and importance.
But problems occur at the strategizing stage. What are the strategies? How to find the perfect strategy for digital marketing of schools and educational institutions? and many more.
In this article we have answered all your questions related to the digital marketing strategies for educational institutions and schools.
Digital Marketing Strategies For Schools
Strategies lay down the basic structure or plan for implementation of digital marketing. So it is important to carefully study each strategy and test its effectiveness and efficiency. We have facilitated this process of testing and experimenting strategies for you by listing down these 6 effective strategies of digital marketing for schools successfully tried & tested by us.
However we always advise hiring the best digital marketing agency for digital marketing of educational institutions and schools for better and quick results.
1. Search Engine Optimization
It is the process ranking your website on specific keywords in google search results.
It will help your institution in building a strong online presence and increase your online visibility to attract the target audience.
Seo Strategies For Your School:
- Build and optimize your website for functionality
- Check mobile responsiveness and accessibility to render across all devices
- Design website according to your industry and which is easy to navigate
- Rank on keywords specific to your niche and target parents
- Specify call to actions
- Build landing pages dedicated for specific programs and events at your school.
2. Content Marketing
Process of leveraging content in order to attract an audience and acquire leads.
Content marketing will help your school to establish trust and authority and it engages the parents and pushes them to take call to action.
Content Marketing Strategies For Your School:
- Create educational content which is highly informative and provides some value to audience
- Content should help audience in decision making process of choosing the school
- Include content about various courses and activities of your school
- You can publish content in the form of blogs, articles, web stories, social media posts, etc.
3. Social Media Marketing
It is the process of using social media platforms to attract a target audience.
It will help you to build relationships with the audience and connect with them faster.
SMM Strategies For Your School:
- Create an account on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Try to be more concentrated on facebook as your target is parents and Facebook supports that age group.
- Post about your school programs and courses
- Encourage videos of the school campus and activities held in school
- You can consider influencer marketing by collaborating with teaching professionals or educational experts to reach more audiences.
- Promote school values and alumni recognitions
4. Pay-Per-Click Advertising
It is a type of ad campaign where you pay for every click on your ad every time it gets displayed. It will help you in achieving results immediately, increase website traffic and target a specific demographic audience.
PPC Advertising Strategy For Your School:
- Use PPC advertising at the time of admissions
- Target parents as your audience because they are the decision makers
- Identify the relevant keywords according to your niche
- Target specific geographic areas.
Strategies Of Digital Marketing For Educational Institutions
1. Build And Optimize Website
- Create a website and optimize it for mobile responsiveness and accessibility. Hence first make it user friendly.
- Rank your institution website on relevant keywords students might be searching for.
- Display clear calls to action and separate landing pages for different courses you offer.
- Also focus on local seo and list your institute in google my business listing. In GMB add your institute address, contact, name and other relevant information.
This will improve your online presence and visibility and help you build authority. You can also read our article on SEO tips for better results
2. Create informative content
- The content you create should be addressing the needs and interests of your students or target audience.
- Publish content related to various facilities, courses and activities you offer in your campus or institute.
- Also include educating content like study tips, career options, various fields, placement opportunities, etc.
- Content helps you to build a connection with your students and engage them with you.
3. Leverage social media platforms
- Create social media accounts on instagram, facebook, linkedin, etc.
- Post videos and images of your institute campus, activities, programs
- Engage your students through stories, quizzes , contests online.
- Conduct online webinars and events to attract and reach more audience
- Collaborate with young influencers of the education industry to promote your institute. This will create a larger impact and help you gain more followers.
- Use social media ads to target a specific demographic audience at the time of admission.
Social media platforms help in maintaining a consistent connection with the audience in an engaging way.
4. Email marketing
- Build a list of emails of your target audience and leads.
- Take help of emails to send regular updates and information about courses, admissions, and events of your institute.
This will keep the audience and leads in touch with you and deliver them relevant information quickly. It also helps in tracking the email behavior of the audience through email marketing tools.
5. Data analytics and tracking
A crucial step is to analyze the data and track the audience for remarketing purposes and to make necessary improvements in the strategies or implementation ways according to the performance. Analytics and tracking help you determine the faulty areas and results of a particular implementation.