EdTech, or education technology, a combination of the terms ‘education’ and ‘technology’ refers to hardware and software designed to enhance teacher-led learning in classrooms and improve the outcomes of students’ education. In other words, EdTech is the practice of introducing information and communication technology tools into the classroom to create more engaging, inclusive, and individualized experiences for learning.
Edtech has been an emerging sector in India over the past decade. The top EdTech companies in India have been experiencing a boom in the last few years. According to Redseer’s report, India’s EdTech sector is estimated to become a $30 billion industry by 2030. The scope of the EdTech sector is wide. Not only is it a rapidly growing sector but is also, as a consequence, leading to numerous job opportunities. One thing that sets this sector apart from others is the fact that it has the scope to accommodate and absorb professionals from other fields as well. For instance, if a professional from the medical field wants to get associated with EdTech, he/she can also run an educational coaching training online for medical aspirant students and be involved with this field in some or the other manner.
The jobs can also be classified in terms of various levels and experience. Some of the popular ones are given below.
Job Classifications in the EdTech Industry
Jobs for Freshers
- If you are a fresher and looking for a job in the EdTech sector, there are various positions available where you may be a good fit, according to your capabilities. Some of the roles and designations include-
- STEM Trainer- EdTech
- Edtech – CRM Sales Executive
- Learning Consultant – Sales
- Business Development Associate – Centre Sales
Jobs for Professionals with 2-5 Years of Experience
- There are various jobs and roles available for those who have 2-5 years of experience in the industry as well. Some of them include-
- Business Development Executive in Edtech
- Lead – HR Business Partner
- Sales Consultant – EdTech
- Business Development Executive (Academic Counsellor)
Jobs for Professionals with 5+ Years of Experience
- Those who have acquired a substantially good experience of more than five years in the industry, have various roles that might be a good fit for them. Some of the prominent ones include:
- HR Business Partner – Sales Lead – B2B
- Business Development Executive (Education Sales)
- Area Sales Professional
- Product Manager – EdTech
- Hiring Associate Inside Sales Manager (EdTech)
- Business Development Manager for an Edtech (B2B)
These were some of the job classifications in the EdTech industry. Moreover, this sector has some of the well-paying salary packages. EdTech companies constitute among the best place to work in India.
By having a sound knowledge of technology, inculcating soft skills, and honing communication and adaptability skills, etc. one can polish the necessary expertise and prowess of this field. You can also go through some of the important tips to get through your interview more swiftly and smartly. This would make sure that you are on point with your knowledge and are ready to step into the world of EdTech!